Transform Trust Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Beloinging
As a member of Transfrom Trust we are committed to celebrating and valuing diversity; to providing equity and in the fair treatment, opportunity and advancement of all people; and to inlusive practices.
Transfrom Trust's DEI Statement can be found on the Transform Trust website:
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School Equality Statement:
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is committed to the principle of equality for all pupils irrespective of race, religion, gender, language, disability or family background, and to the active support of initiatives designed to further this principle. We believe that equality is at the heart of good educational practice. All pupils are of equal value and deserve equal access to every aspect of school life. They have equality to learn and work towards their highest possible levels of achievement. The vision and values, which we uphold as a school, help to emphasise equality for all staff and pupils at all times.
Aims & Objectives:
- To ensure that all pupils achieve their full potential
- To identify barriers to learning and close any gaps in achievement
- To promote a deep awareness, understanding and appreciation of the diversity of our local, national and global communities
- Key principles in achieving our equality objectives:
- Maintaining the highest possible expectations of all pupils. We will communicate our ambition by ensuring teaching is consistently of the highest quality, using assessment to inform planning, and rigorously monitoring progress and standards.
- Identifying vulnerable groups and individuals and developing teaching and learning that is tailored to individual needs, thus ensuring good progress is sustained and achievement gaps can be closed.
- Identifying and exploiting every opportunity in the curriculum and in all the activities of the school for deepening the appreciation, understanding and respect we promote for diversity.